Get Your Czech Citizenship by Ancestry
If you have a Czech ancestor, such as a parent, grandparent or even great-grandparent, you may be eligible!
What is Czech Citizenship by Descent?
Czech citizenship by descent refers to the process of acquiring Czech nationality through family ancestors. Under Czech law, it is possible to apply for Czech citizenship if it can be shown that at least one of the parents or grandparents was a Czech citizen.
Czech citizenship gives you the opportunity to be part of a thriving and vibrant community in the Czech Republic, also known as Czechia. Take advantage of this opportunity and start your journey towards Czech citizenship today.
Who is Eligible for Czech Citizenship?
The Czech citizenship by descent law states that you may be eligible for Czech citizenship if you have at least one Czech parent or grandparent.
Czech citizenship can be accessed through parents or grandparents who are Czech citizens. It does not matter if you were born in the country or not, the Czech Republic does not take that into account.
In the event that only your father is Czech, and your parents are not married, your parents must submit a declaration confirming paternity. This can be done in the form of a DNA test or a court determination.
What Do I Need to Apply for Czech Citizenship?
To prove the ancestral link, you must demonstrate your relationship with your Czech parent or grandparent. This involves submitting documents such as the birth certificate of the ancestors, as well as other documents that can help to prove ancestry, depending on the specific situation.
You should also know that a birth certificate from the ancestor is not enough to prove citizenship. At least one passport from the ancestors is also required, and ideally other documents to prove citizenship.
With the help of our network of genealogists, we are able to search for documents to prove your Czech ancestry.
Why Become a Citizen of Czech Republic?
With Czech citizenship, you will have the freedom to live and work in one of the most beautiful countries in Central Europe. Enjoy the rich history, vibrant culture, and natural beauty of the Czech Republic while benefiting from its thriving economy and high-quality healthcare and education system. When you become a Czech citizen, you will have:
- Exceptional quality of life: The Czech Republic stands out for its excellent quality of life. Enjoy safe cities, stunning nature, and a perfect work-life balance.
- Job opportunities: The Czech economy has experienced steady growth in recent years, which has led to an increase in job opportunities, especially in sectors such as technology, engineering, and shared services.
- Access to first-rate health and education services: As a Czech citizen, you will have access to a high-quality health care and education system, guaranteeing a bright future for you and your family.
- Political and Economic Stability: The Czech Republic is known for its political and economic stability, making it a safe place to invest, work, and establish a home.
What Other Benefits come with Czech Citizenship?
There are a number of reasons why being a Czech citizen is highly sought after. The Czech Republic is a great country to live in; the quality of life is high: it has a growing economy with a rich culture and history; the cost of living is very low compared to other European countries; it has an excellent and economical transportation system; and its location in the center of Europe gives you the opportunity to travel to many destinations.
Czech Republic is an EU Member State, so having Czech citizenship grants you the advantage of the freedoms guaranteed in all EU countries, especially:
- Freedom to work and engage in economic activities in all EU Member States.
- Possibility to invest, and to acquire real estate, in the EU.
- Medical care in all EU countries.
- Freedom to reside and settle in other EU Member States.
- Access to education throughout the EU; free studies at prestigious universities.
- Possibility of traveling without a visa to more than 160 countries.
Learn more about the benefits of holding citizenship with an EU Member State here.
EuroPassport is the first Canadian company to offer people an easy and affordable way to obtain legal European citizenship. Based in Toronto, Canada, we are a team of trusted immigration lawyers, genealogists and documentation specialists who have pioneered an efficient process for our clients to obtain the Czech Citizenship they seek. Our experts take care of all the paperwork, in optimal deadlines.
- We take away the paperwork hassle, bureaucracy, legal complexity – and work on your behalf, using the most efficient route to obtain the citizenship you seek.
- Our streamlined process cuts out lengthy waits and confusing roadblocks to citizenship. Look to us to expedite your Czech citizenship and deliver in optimal timelines.
- Skip the exorbitantly high legal fees. Our migration experts and a team of Canadian and European legal advisors have refined a process that is considerably more cost-efficient, especially for those with family roots in Europe.
- We are a respected Canadian company based in Toronto – so you won’t have to deal with distant overseas law firms. Our track record is remarkable, as the first and only fully registered European Immigration services business in Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
The process of applying for and obtaining your Czech citizenship is unique to each case, however the average time is 18-24 months.
When you apply for citizenship, any previous denial may hamper your chances on subsequent applications. An example of this would be declaring a date that is incorrect according to laws and legislations.
Immigration laws are constantly changing, and we are keeping up with every change, which may affect the required documents.
We also have a network of lawyers and genealogists in Europe who will prepare and supervise your application. We have the potential to prepare the most formidable citizenship application you can have.
Don’t risk submitting an unsuccessful application. EuroPassport does everything for you! Our team cooperates with top-tier lawyers in the Czech Republic; we first put together your application locally, and then your documents are sent to the Czech Republic to continue the rest of the citizenship process. You won’t even have to visit your local embassy or consulate for the process of getting your citizenship certificate as this will be completed in Czechia.
However, once your citizenship process is completed, you will have to visit the nearest Czech consulate to apply for the passport.
You are eligible to apply for Czech citizenship if at least one of your parents or grandparents is or was a Czech citizen. Being a Czech citizen automatically makes you a European citizen with access to the numerous benefits/freedoms guaranteed in all EU countries.
Learn more about the benefits of holding citizenship with an EU Member State here.
This will depend on the complexity of your specific case and how many documents you require to prove your Czech ancestry. Our pricing starts from $6,000 for the first adult applicant, approximately $5,200 for subsequent adults of the same family, and approximately $4,800 for minors under 18 years old.
We do offer a 4-payment schedule for individuals and 6-payment schedule for families, and a discount of 5% for families of 2-4 people and 10% for families of 5 or more people.
Contact us to learn more about the pricing structure and payment options.
Yes, the Czech Republic allows dual citizenship!
No, according to the Czech Citizenship Law, foreigners do not need to meet this requirement to obtain Czech citizenship.
Yes, we also conduct genealogy research in the Czech Republic. If you are interested in finding out more about your Czech ancestors, contact us for details.
You will only need to pay taxes in the Czech Republic if you move to and live there at least 6 months of the year. If you move to another EU member country, you may not have to pay taxes in the Czech Republic, but you may still have to pay taxes in the European country in which you decide to live, so you would need to consult with the local tax authorities in that country.
Ready to Get Started?
Use this form and one of our team members will reach out to you to book a free consultation to answer any questions you may have and to assess your eligibility!