Get Your Croatian Citizenship by Ancestry
Take the first step with our pre-eligibility assessment!
Who is Eligible for Croatian Citizenship?
You only need to have a single Croatian parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent to open up the possibility of being eligible to obtain this coveted citizenship.
Of note, there are two conditions which will disqualify you from getting citizenship:
- If your ancestor left Croatia to move to another country that belonged to the former Yugoslavia.
- If your ancestor left Croatia after October 8, 1991
Why Get Croatian Citizenship?
Ranking in the Top 5 as one of the best countries to live in Europe in 2023, many have described Croatia as an amazing place. This beautiful country provides an excellent quality of life along with a generally lower cost of living than other countries in Western Europe.
As one of the safest countries in Europe, it is an ideal place to retire, or even do remote work in an area that has a wonderful coastal climate. There are many opportunities to unplug and explore nature in beautiful national parks, nature reserves, forests, lakes, the sea, more than a thousand islands, and stunning beaches. Croatia is a charming and fascinating country.
What Other Benefits Come with Croatian Citizenship?
Croatia is an EU Member State so having citizenship grants you the advantages and freedoms guaranteed in all EU countries, especially:
- Freedom to work and engage in economic activities in all EU Member States.
- Possibility to invest, and to acquire real estate, in the EU.
- Medical care in all EU countries.
- Freedom to reside and settle in other EU Member States.
- Access to education throughout the EU; free studies at prestigious universities.
- Possibility of traveling without a visa to more than 160 countries.
Croatia recently joined the Eurozone and the Schengen area making it easier to get around.
EuroPassport is the first Canadian company to offer people an easy and affordable way to obtain legal European citizenship. Based in Toronto, Canada, we are a team of trusted immigration lawyers, genealogists and documentation specialists who have pioneered an efficient process for our clients to obtain the Croatian Citizenship they seek. Our experts take care of all the paperwork, in optimal deadlines.
- We take away the paperwork hassle, bureaucracy, legal complexity – and work on your behalf, using the most efficient route to obtain the citizenship you seek.
- Our streamlined process cuts out lengthy waits and confusing roadblocks to citizenship. Look to us to expedite your Croatian citizenship and deliver in optimal timelines.
- Skip the exorbitantly high legal fees. Our migration experts and a team of Canadian and European legal advisors have refined a process that is considerably more cost-efficient, especially for those with family roots in Europe.
- We are a respected Canadian company based in Toronto – so you won’t have to deal with distant overseas law firms. Our track record is remarkable, as the first and only fully registered European Immigration services business in Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
The waiting time will be specific to each case, and will depend on whether the citizenship runs through the parents or grandparents; however the average time is 6-18 months.
When you apply for citizenship, any previous denial may hamper your chances on subsequent applications. An example of this would be declaring a date that is incorrect according to laws and legislations.
Immigration laws are constantly changing, and we are keeping up with every change, which may affect the required documents.
We also have a network of lawyers and genealogists in Europe who will prepare and supervise your application. We have the potential to prepare the most formidable citizenship application you can have.
Don’t risk submitting an unsuccessful application. EuroPassport does everything for you! Our team cooperates with top-tier lawyers in Croatia; we first put together your application locally, and then your documents are sent to Croatia to continue the rest of the citizenship process.
However, once your citizenship process is completed, you will have to visit the nearest Croatian consulate to apply for the passport.
You may be eligible to apply for Croatian citizenship if you have at least one parent, grandparent or even great-grandparent who was born in Croatia. Being Croatian automatically qualifies you as being an EU citizen with access to the many benefits/freedoms guaranteed in all EU countries.
Learn more about the benefits of holding citizenship with an EU Member State here.
This will depend on the complexity of your specific case and how many documents you require to prove your Croatian ancestry. Our pricing starts from $6,000 for the first adult applicant, approximately $5,200 for subsequent adults of the same family, and approximately $4,800 for minors under 18 years old.
We do offer a 4-payment schedule for individuals and 6-payment schedule for families, and a discount of 5% for families of 2-4 people and 10% for families of 5 or more people.
Contact us to learn more about the pricing structure and payment options.
Yes, Croatia allows dual citizenship!
You do not need to know the Croatian language to apply for Croatian citizenship by descent.
Yes, we also conduct genealogy research in Croatia. If you are interested in finding out more about your Croatian ancestors, contact us for details.
No, you will only need to pay taxes in Croatia if you move to the country and live there at least 6 months of the year. If you move to another EU member country, you won’t have to pay taxes in Croatia, but you may have to pay taxes in the European country in which you decide to live, so you would need to consult with the local tax authorities in that country.
Ready to Get Started?
Use this form and one of our team members will reach out to you to book a free consultation to answer any questions you may have and to assess your eligibility!